What Does The Zia PTA Do?
- Engages over 100 individual volunteers throughout the year in a variety of school-based projects.
- Hosts a variety of fun, community building events, including the Ice Cream Social, Movie Nights, and Dance Parties.
- Funds a variety of important programs to support instruction, including transportation for field trips, teacher stipends for classroom purchases, on-campus performing arts experiences, the National Dance Institute, and afterschool clubs.
- Coordinates the purchase and installation of capital improvements for our school, such as shade structures, picnic tables, and garbage cans.
- Recognizes our hard-working teachers and staff through special appreciation events.
Join the Zia PTA
Research shows that schools with well-structured, consistent parent involvement programs — like the PTA — are more likely to experience profound benefits for parents, students, teachers, and overall student quality. It is a fact that when parents are involved, they do better in school.
We know that when a school has PTA working with it, that school experienced three distinct advantages:
- Better informed and engaged parents.
- A more supportive learning environment.
- A better reputation in the community.
That's the power of PTA! Please consider joining today. Membership is only $6 per individual for the school year. Contact the Front Office for the form, and submit it with your payment to the Front Office — and become a part of the PTA power!